Thursday, August 2, 2012

Maintenance

Outside my front picture window is my favorite plant. A large, old, deer nibbled blue hydrangea. And if I sit just right, the blooms fill up my entire view. Every once in a while I get one of those rare days where the teenagers are out for the day, the house is clean and I have nothing to do with myself. Today is that day. I will sit, eat chocolate covered almonds and read Steinbeck. I will gaze out the window at my hydrangea. I will  happily foster my unhealthy attachment to my beloved dog. We'll go for a long hike. The day is ours.

 "Maintenance"

I painted this self portrait a couple of years ago and it reminds me of today's art prompt: look out a window and paint the view you see. Here is where I do maintenance on my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment