Sunday, September 2, 2012

Drawing with your non-dominant hand

I've recently started a new series and got the ball rolling today with a small mock-up painting.
"Size: Laughter"
8"x8"

I often desire my paintings to have a loose feeling to them, and just as often my O.C.D tendencies struggle with this. A friend of mine who is a fabulous, intuitive, abstract painter suggested I try drawing with my left hand, so try this as your next art prompt.

 
Here's what the non-dominant hand drawing looked like. I forced myself to draw it in ink so I wouldn't be tempted to erase lines and clean them up. It was challenging and took WAY longer than a normal quick sketch would. In the end, I really liked it.
 
This series is entitled "Sizes". I want women to stop worrying about their dress size, but rather to focus on their other wonderful qualities. I have a friend who has a killer smile and infectious laugh. It was the first thing I noticed about her. Every time I'm around her I hope she knows this about her self. She inspired this painting, entitled "Size: Laughter". If you'd like to be a part of this series, tell me what your size is. Me? I'm size bookworm. Better yet, book a modelling session in my studio to become one of the paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment