Monday, November 19, 2012

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness


This time of year, I'm usually up to my neck in painting, knitting and sewing projects for my family Christmas presents. I'm always amazed at how grateful my family is for this. But not this year. This year my teenage boys have discovered electronics and have thrown over handknit socks for video games. Can't say I blame them. We had a good run. But admittedly, I did panic. How could I instill in my boys the true meaning of Christmas by buying them video games? I tentatively approached them with the idea of making 24 gift ideas, and then randomly giving them away. They loved it! An hour of brainstorming later, we had a list of 24 ideas. So this year, my family and I are counting down the 25 days of Christmas with Random Acts of Christmas Kindness.

 
Hand drawn book marks to leave at our local library.
 
 

New copies of my favorite books to leave on coffee shop tables.
 
 
 
Fresh made cookies to donate to local care homes. This delicious plate of cookies landed on my doorstep recently (thanks mom!)
 
 Just this morning I was reading on facebook about a lovely friend of mine who just baked 2 dozen cookies and trudged them across the street in the snow for the construction crew across the street! That's the spirit!
 
So rather than give you a specific art prompt this week, I'm going to ask you to hand make some random acts of Christmas kindness this upcoming holiday season.
 Honor your librarians, teachers, care workers and the homeless.
 
Kindness in giving creates love.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment