Saturday, March 17, 2012

Carve a Little Stamp

This week's art prompt: carve a stamp. Okay, check. Now what?


Lately, I've been wanting to paint some Artist Trading Cards. I thought my newly carved stamp might be perfect for this.  I began by stamping out 10 cards.


 Artist trading cards are miniature pieces af art (2.5" x 3.5") that can be traded with other artists. You can also buy ATC's online at places like Etsy or EBay. I've been painting all day and I've managed to create 5 hand painted cards so far. I'm calling this set " Take Up Space and Live Out Loud!"


Oh, cheeky me!  This one's my favorite!




I had a lot of fun carving a stamp and I can see that I'll be doing more of this. Stamps for gift bags, stamps for studio bags and tags, Christmas cards....

If you have been enjoying my blog, please become a member and follow me.







2 comments: