Friday, March 9, 2012

A Red Poem Doodle

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to have an artistic friend visit for the afternoon.  Between cups of coffee, funny kids at our elbows, playing with pussycats and rubbing dog bellies, we did manage to get a little art accomplished. Both my friend and I are working on art journals, so I thought an appropriate prompt for the day would be to pick a word(s) and color and then create an art piece using them. I love quotes and I always have one on me, be it crumpled up in a pocket or tucked into my bra.  The words that make it most often onto my person for the day are from one of my favorite poems by Stanley Kunitz, and it goes like this:


The heart breaks and breaks
and lives by breaking.
It is necessary to go through dark
and deeper dark
and not to turn.


It might just be a small, scribbly, doodle, but don't be surprised it it gets tucked into my pocket, next to my heart one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment