Sunday, September 21, 2014

Installment 3: The Never Ending Painting

"Only after disaster can we be resurrected."
Chuck Palahniuk
Fight Club
 
 
#3 "Dissonance Resolved"
 
Freedom has a way of destroying things. Or at least that's how I felt earlier this week when this painting went through some rough transformations; most notably, the "red version".
 
 
"All Hope is Lost"
 
The red version here is sanded down in preparation for moving forward. I hated this painting so much! I felt all hope was lost for this painting because I had wrecked it beyond repair.
 
 
But then I received these kind and inspiring words:
"if you haven't wrecked your painting you aren't pushing hard enough, or risking, or growing. So.....you must be doing all of that right now. Your painting practise is just like your life practise and as you let go of control, things will turn to chaos and feel awful for awhile because they are different.....and then something magical happens out of that chaos and you find an opening for yourself to be more free."
 
It gave me the encouragement to forge ahead; to resolve what was dissonant; to reach for harmony.
 
 


 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. been there, I understand the red phase intimately, enjoy seeing the progression to dissonance resolved , where to next ?

    ReplyDelete